Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Feasibility of Using Galileo to get CSI (Channel State Information)

BFang4
Novice

Hi all,

I came across a technique of getting Channel State Information (CSI) via Intel Wireless 5300 adapter under Ubuntu Linux system. Link:http://dhalperi.github.io/linux-80211n-csitool/ Linux 802.11n CSI Tool . While being able to run a Linux system using a micro SD card as well as inserting a full-length wireless adapter, is Galileo able to get CSI also? Is there anyone working on this direction? I would be thrilled if so.

Thanks,

Biyi

4 Replies
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi fangbiyi,

I just checked the 5300 wireless adapter and it comes in multiple presentations, including Mini-PCIe, the one compatible with the Galileo board. Even though we haven't tested this adapter with the Galileo, I believe you'll just need the right driver for it to work, so it should run fine with the Galileo board. Is it necessary to use a full-length wireless adapter for this project?

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

BFang4
Novice

Hi PabloM_Intel,

Thanks for answering. Actually I got full-length 5300 adapter and got it to work with Galileo. The question I wanted to ask is CSI available?

Thanks,

Biyi

BFang4
Novice
0 Kudos
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi fangbiyi,

We haven't tested this before, and given that we don't have an Intel Wireless 5300 adapter at the moment, we aren't able to run any test. Doing some research I found that the tool was tested by its developers using kernel 2.6.36, so I'm not sure if it's going to work with your Galileo, but we encourage you to test it and share the results with the community.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

0 Kudos