4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 1:44 PM by Intel_Alvarado

arduino IDE upload to edison problem

nebulousix

Hi,

when trying to upload the blink sketch to my intel edison i get the following error as soon as i press compile

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Intel® Edison"

C:\Users\Nebulous\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\core2-32-poky-linux\1.6.2+1.0/pokysdk/usr/bin/i586-poky-linux/i586-poky-linux-g++ -m32 -march=i586 --sysroot=C:\Users\Nebulous\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\core2-32-poky-linux\1.6.2+1.0/core2-32-poky-linux -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -D__ARDUINO_X86__ -march=i686 -m32 -DARDUINO=10605 -IC:\Users\Nebulous\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\cores\arduino -IC:\Users\Nebulous\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i686\1.6.2+1.0\variants\edison_fab_c C:\Users\Nebulous\AppData\Local\Temp\build3023818824660913044.tmp\sketch_aug10a.cpp -o C:\Users\Nebulous\AppData\Local\Temp\build3023818824660913044.tmp\sketch_aug10a.cpp.o

Cannot run program "C:\Users\Nebulous\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\core2-32-poky-linux\1.6.2+1.0\pokysdk\usr\bin\i586-poky-linux\i586-poky-linux-g++" (in directory "."): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

please help me sort this out if you know what is going on here. I have previously gotten this board up and running a month ago but had to restore my laptop to a previous back up point but I have reinstalled everything the same as before

• 1. Re: arduino IDE upload to edison problem
          nebulousix

so i got the ide to compile the blink program by going to the board manager for the intel edison and removing it and then re-installing the edison board manager.

However now i am having trouble uploading the program to the edison. It says uploading but never stops uploading...additionally it says this now:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\Nebulous\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.2+1.0/x86/bin/bash.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)

at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)

at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:115)

at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:158)

at processing.app.debug.Compiler.upload(Compiler.java:165)

at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1167)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1141)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1113)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2380)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)

... 9 more

any ideas?

• 2. Re: arduino IDE upload to edison problem
            Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

I just tried uploading the blink example to the Edison with Arduino 1.6.5 and received no errors. Are you sure you are selecting the correct board and correct COM port. You can see these options in the Tools tab. In Arduino 1.6.5 you have to enable the Edison in the Boards Manager option.

Capture.JPG

Also are you running the latest image? The latest image can be found here http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25028/eng/edison-image-ww25.5-15.zip

Sergio

• 3. Re: arduino IDE upload to edison problem
              nebulousix

yes, the drivers are installed, the latest image has been flashed to the board, the correct COM ports are selected, the switch by the usb ports is in the correct place.

the arduino IDE is still failing to upload to the board. it just  says "uploading...." but never finishes or blinks. again this is what the IDE spits out while it says its "uploading...."

Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)

... 9 more

• 4. Re: arduino IDE upload to edison problem
                Intel_Alvarado

Hi,

This issue seems related to the path of installation of the file. I’d recommend you to uninstall the current IDE from the location you have it and extract it once again in the C:\Arduino folder. Make sure you delete all the files of the IDE otherwise there might still be errors related to the path. The recommended path is to extract directly on C:\.

You can see more information in IoT - Installing the Arduino* IDE | Intel® Developer Zone

Sergio