4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 7:23 AM by kevin_intel

404 code when trying to download windows 10 hd graphics drivers

greenfrigate

Hi,

I am using a Dell Inspiron 17r 5737 with 4th gen i7 Intel HD Graphics 4400 (I'm kinda a noob but I'm pretty sure this is integrated graphics).

Anyway, I recently updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. However, when running some programs, particularly 3D games, I get a bluescreen and an error of "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkm64.sys)". I think this is because my drivers are out of date or are not compatible with Windows 10. I searched on Google and Intel's driver download site. They have a auto driver update software thing, which says all of my drivers are up to date, and so does Windows Update. I tried downloading Windows 10 Beta drivers from the Intel site that I saw from this forum thread: -NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256 . However, upon clicking the download links (Intel® Download Center) I got a 404 error code. I accept the ToC but then it redirects me here: Error: Page Not Found

After googling this issue, a website told me that disabling or uninstalling my current graphics driver fixes the solution. I currently have mine uninstalled, but I'd like to be able to look at my screen without sunglasses (I am unable to dim it) so I'd appreciate it if anyone told me a solution to this problem.

I mainly have four questions here:

Should I revert back to Windows 8.1?

Is Intel going to come out with a Windows 10 graphics driver? (If so, when?)

Am I the only one that gets the 404 error code when downloading stuff from here? Intel® Download Center

Will uninstalling/disabling the graphics driver prevent bluescreening?

Thank you to anyone who can help me with these issues.