2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 9:05 AM by marving_intel

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys) crashing my NEW laptop and BSOD while gaming Windows 10

Simonhawk

Recently I bought a new laptop, Lenovo Y50, and had no issues with it. I started playing a game called "Path of Exile" and while in the middle of the game it would freeze and then cause my laptop to crash into BSOD and give me the error message VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys) which looked like this:

Imagehttps://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-255820-239358/bsod2.jpg

I have searched through for assistance but found no resolution in the attempts I made. The most recent attempt was uninstalling the Intel Driver but that just lowered my FPS entirely. So I reinstalled and the problem came up again and then I foolishly shut my laptop off before it hit the BSOD and when I booted it back up then screen was all black and not changing. Scared of ruining my new computer, I hard shut down the laptop once again and then it booted up normally, only that it was much slower. Have I damaged my laptop? If so, what steps do I need to take? And yes, I have insurance.

Specs:

Processor
      4th Generation Intel Core i7-4720HQ Processor (2.60GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
      Operating system
      Windows 8.1 64 originally but updated to windows 10
      Display
      15.6" FHD IPS LED Backlight (1920x1080)
      Graphics
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB
      Memory
      16.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
      Hard Drive
      Hybrid 1TB 5400 RPM+8GB SSHD
      Network Card
      Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

I have posted for assistance on the following websites: Microsoft, Lenovo, Intel, and Yahoo. Thank you for your assistance