Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD 4000 Black Screen on Laptop Internal Display - Windows 10

NEvan2
Beginner

I upgraded a Fujitsu laptop to Windows 10 Home and now the internal display panel is not recognized by the beta HD 4000 driver - an external display off the VGA port works though.

If I do a complete uninstall of the driver (including deleting the files) and then reboot and allow Windows Update to reinstall the driver it works, but as soon as I reboot the system the internal screen is no longer recognized.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RLing4
Novice

I have the same problem on my laptop with my Windows 10 upgrade with Sandy Bridge hardware, HD 3000. On boot without a monitor attached, the internal screen is blank, but if I hit the power button to put it to sleep, then hit it again to wake it up, the internal screen comes on and I can see the login screen. This is a pain in the butt. Microsoft approved the upgrade to windows 10 on my hardware, so Intel needs to upgrade support for Sandy Bridge as well.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

All:

This information is intended to all Windows 10 users that are experiencing issues with a supported Intel® Graphics Controller (http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm supported graphics)

/message/321854# 321854 Re: -NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

See post # 93

Allan.

0 Kudos