Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Problem intel HD 4400 monitor 13 inches - defect of the resolution on "windows photo viewer"

EDi_M
Beginner

Hi.

I have a Lenovo yoga pro2 touch (i74510U - 2ghz - HD 512ssd - RAM 8gb - Windows 8.1 - total memory available 1792 Mb - resolution monitor recommended 3200x1800).

When I open the same image with "windows photo viewer" for example on the 15-inch monitor the result is ok (Windows7)

whereas on the my Lenovo from the 13-inch monitor the visualization is very small

On my Lenovo the menu buttons of "windows photo viewer" are also very small from see (see rectangles highlighted in red). I tried to change all the settings the user side at my disposal, but the problem persists.

Same thing on the graphics program PAINT.NET. All the menu bars, commands, icons, etc, are displayed very small.

You need to make some changes advanced on the card 4400?

Can you help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Can you please provide more information about the system configuration? This is the information we really need you to provide:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Kevin m

0 Kudos
EDi_M
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

When I open the same image with "windows photo viewer" for example on the 15-inch monitor the result is ok

whereas on the my Lenovo from the 13-inch monitor the visualization is very small

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

LENOVO YOGA PRO 2 - WINDOWS 8.1

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

see attachment file

<p style="font-...
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Install the latest graphics driver for Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD 4400 Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25143/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Intel® Download Center

Then, use the recommended resolution by Microsoft.

Regards,

Miguel
0 Kudos
EDi_M
Beginner

Hello.

Are you sure that the problem is solved with the new drivers? There is a difference between "win64_153623.exe" and "win64_153623.zip"?

There is a rollback procedure to restore the original configuration in case of problems?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The newer graphics driver will improve the resolution of your display. Now, according to your picture, the icons and bars are very small; I suggest you to double check the settings of your display.

Go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display

Then, perform a test using Change the size of all items and Change only the text size options.

It is possible to roll-over the graphics driver. You just need to download the older graphics driver and uninstall the newer driver from device manager; finally install the older driver.

Mike C

0 Kudos