5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 11:19 AM by mikec_intel

Problem intel HD 4400 monitor 13 inches - defect of the resolution on "windows photo viewer"

sabert80

Hi.

I have a Lenovo yoga pro2 touch (i74510U - 2ghz - HD 512ssd - RAM 8gb - Windows 8.1 - total memory available 1792 Mb - resolution monitor recommended  3200x1800).

When I open the same image with "windows photo viewer" for example on the 15-inch monitor the result is ok (Windows7)

image 15 inches.PNG

whereas on the my Lenovo from the 13-inch monitor the visualization is very small

image 13 inches.png

On my Lenovo the menu buttons of "windows photo viewer" are also very small from see (see rectangles highlighted in red). I tried to change all the settings the user side at my disposal, but the problem persists.

Same thing on the graphics program PAINT.NET. All the menu bars, commands, icons, etc, are displayed very small.

You need to make some changes advanced on the card 4400?

Can you help me?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Problem intel HD 4400 monitor 13 inches - defect of the resolution on "windows photo viewer"

Can you please provide more information about the system configuration? This is the information we really need you to provide:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Kevin m

• 2. Re: Problem intel HD 4400 monitor 13 inches - defect of the resolution on "windows photo viewer"
            sabert80

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

When I open the same image with "windows photo viewer" for example on the 15-inch monitor the result is ok

whereas on the my Lenovo from the 13-inch monitor the visualization is very small

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

LENOVO YOGA PRO 2 - WINDOWS 8.1

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

see attachment file

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8 mb

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

N/A

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

see attachment file

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

see attachment file

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Versione/data BIOS LENOVO 76CN38WW, 27/06/2014

Versione SMBIOS 2.7

Versione controller integrato 1.27

Modalità BIOS UEFI

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

see attachment file

SW/Apps version used to replicate the issue.

windows photo viewer, paint.net, gimp

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

see attachment file

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

see attachment file

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

there is the problem in both cases.

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  Thesesteps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.

A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. Avideo of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

In "image 13 inches" the area highlighted in red is very small.

While in "image 15 inches" the size of the area marked in red is ok.

In general with high dpi displays there are message windows, programs (for example paint.net and gimp) that appear very small.

• 3. Re: Problem intel HD 4400 monitor 13 inches - defect of the resolution on "windows photo viewer"
              mikec_intel

Install the latest graphics driver for Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD 4400 Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit
              Intel® Download Center

Then, use the recommended resolution by Microsoft.

Regards,
              Miguel

• 4. Re: Problem intel HD 4400 monitor 13 inches - defect of the resolution on "windows photo viewer"
                sabert80

Hello.

Are you sure that the problem is solved with the new drivers? There is a difference between "win64_153623.exe" and "win64_153623.zip"?

There is a rollback procedure to restore the original configuration in case of problems?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Problem intel HD 4400 monitor 13 inches - defect of the resolution on "windows photo viewer"
                  mikec_intel

The newer graphics driver will improve the resolution of your display. Now, according to your picture, the icons and bars are very small; I suggest you to double check the settings of your display.

Go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display

Then, perform a test using Change the size of all items and Change only the text size options.

It is possible to roll-over the graphics driver. You just need to download the older graphics driver and uninstall the newer driver from device manager; finally install the older driver.

Mike C