Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Windows 10 - Wifi issues (Centrino 1030)

FGesa
Beginner

Hey community,

I haven't found anything specific on the topic respectively my type, so I'm posting my problem right away.

I have a Medion Erazer X6816 notebook with a Windows 7 Home Premium 64x Version preinstalled.

Last weekend I upgraded it to Windows 10 Home 64x and everything went well, except for my wifi. The point is, I cannot activate my wifi - neither via button nor via system options. According to that issue, there are no wifis displayed. Nevertheless, my wifi-card is displayed as active (with latest driver) on the device manager and it is the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030.

I have already tested whether there is a general issue concerning my internet, but obviously there is none since it works perfectly fine with a wifi-stick and with a direct connection to my router. Hence, I assume it must be a driver issue. Unfortunately, Windows didn't provide me with a driver for my wifi so I tried to install one manually...

What I have done so far...

- downloaded and installed the "latest" driver from the Medion homepage (since I live in Germany, I accessed the German homepage for my OS - the latest driver is still for Win 7 and I think quite old fashioned)

- installed the latest Intel PROSet/Wireless Software

- disabled and uninstalled the wifi card on the device manager (after having rebooted my notebook the card was displayed as active again - like before - without having obtained a fresh driver update by Windows)

So, unfortunately, everything I have tried has failed and I am running out of ideas as to what to do next... My question thus would be if anybody has a clue how to solve the issue or whether there will be a driver update available for my wifi card soon?

Thank you so much in advance for your support and best regards,

Flo

1 Solution
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello playmate85,

Unfortunately, the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 is not supported by Microsoft Windows® 10. Software and drivers are not available for this adapter-OS combination.

For more information, please check the following documents:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-035711.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Which Intel® Wireless Adapters Work with Windows® 10?

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-035684.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Which Intel Wireless Products Support Windows® 10?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello playmate85,

Unfortunately, the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 is not supported by Microsoft Windows® 10. Software and drivers are not available for this adapter-OS combination.

For more information, please check the following documents:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-035711.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Which Intel® Wireless Adapters Work with Windows® 10?

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-035684.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Which Intel Wireless Products Support Windows® 10?

FGesa
Beginner

Hey Jonathan,

first of all, thank you very much for the information! Haven't discovered these documents before...

So, for now I have switched back to Windows 7 where my wifi works fine again. But now I have another (minor) issue going on: I have installed the wifi driver which is provided by Medion (and is - like I said - not quite the latest...). Here, wifi works! But when I try to download and install the latest drive via the Intel Update Utility (it actually detects one), a message pops up saying something like "Installation blocked - try to uninstall the old driver manually". When I do so and then give it another try, that message still pops up. Do you have an idea why this is the case? It's not that problematic since my wifi is also okay with the older driver. I'm just wondering...

Thanks again and best regards,

Flo

ABodu
Novice

Hey hey hey! Jonathan!Please support data! Please İntel Win 10 support İntel Centrino Wireless- N 1030!

I can not get a new wireless . I do not have any money I am waiting answer

jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

At this time, the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 is not supported with Microsoft Windows® 10. We are not able to confirm if this will change in the future.

You can find more details about this topic in the related thread:

0 Kudos
ABodu
Novice

thank you jonathan. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
LZond
Beginner

intel centrino wireless-n 1030 windows 10 Working on Dell XPS l502x

Tried this link (Win 8.1 Drivers) Installed it, butt didn't work

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23493/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1*

After that attempt i did the following.

In device management driver version was still

Date =04-01-2014

Version = sorry didn't note

Removed it complete (including the driver files) from device management

Let it detect for new devices

And this time it was installed with an older driver version

Date 23-1-2013

Version = 15.4.1.1

Wifi works fine again

CMax
Beginner

I am running the N1030 Wireless Card on Windows 10. I am running Intel driver version 15.11.0.9 and it works fine for me. Download and save it locally then use Browse my computer fro driver software and manually install it.

0 Kudos