2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 7:30 AM by JinLemon

Android sketch from Python script in Galileo Gen2

JinLemon

Hello to everyone.

I would to know if it´s possible to start an Arduino sketch from a Python script: I know that it´s possible to do the contrary with system() command, but when I do so, for some reason, interrupts (from 2 buttons) are not responding.

Thank you for everyone wants to help me

• 1. Re: Android sketch from Python script in Galileo Gen2
          DiegoV_Intel

Hi JinLemon,

Yes, it is possible; however the Arduino sketch always run automatically after the board has booted. Every time you upload a new sketch, it is stored in the /sketch directory and run automatically after you upload it, or after a reboot (if you are using the SD Image).

You could stop the sketch and then re-run it again whenever you want. You can do that from a Python script. The system command that you use in an Arduino sketch can be used in a Python script as well, but you have to import the os library before: import os.

The system command follows the syntax below:

• os.system('Linux command')

If you want to stop the Arduino sketch running in Galileo you should use the following line in your Python script:

• os.system('killall -HUP clloader')

On the other hand, if you want to re-run the Arduino sketch you should use the following line:

• os.system('killall -TERM clloader')

I hope this information is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: Android sketch from Python script in Galileo Gen2
            JinLemon

Yes, it's what I needed. Thank you very much!