Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Windows 10 upgrade: can't uninstall Intel(R) PROset/Wireless software for Bluetooth(R) technology Version 1.3.0.0621

GBoz
Beginner

Dear all,

I upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to windows 10 and quickly figured out that the Bluetooth driver was not compatible with Windows 10. Therefore I tried to uninstall my Intel(R) PROset/Wireless software for Bluetooth(R) technology Version 1.3.0.0621 driver, in order to install a newer version, but it doesn't allow me to do it, returning the following error:

"Service 'Bluetooth Device Monitor' (Bluetooth Device Monitor) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"

How can I fix this?

Thank you

Gennaro

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Gennarob86,

To uninstall software in Windows 10, you can go to your System Settings, Installed apps and features, then Uninstall the desired program. Also, make sure that you are using an administrator account to remove the program.

For further assistance, please let us know the following:

- Computer make and model

- Wireless Adapter model

- Was the adapter built from factory by the Computer Manufacturer?

- Have you tried uninstalling the Bluetooth* adapter in Device Manager?

0 Kudos
GBoz
Beginner

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply. When I try to either uninstall the driver or install a new one (I'm installing a driver for Windows 8 as the driver for Windows 10 doesn't exist), the following error message appears:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

Yes, I tried uninstalling the Bluetooth* adapter in Device Manager. It doesn't fix the problem.

I have an Asus K53SD, whose specifications are on http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/INTEL/ASUS-K53SD-Intel-WLAN-Driver-142010-for-Windows-7-64-bit.shtml Download ASUS K53SD Intel WLAN Driver 14.2.0.10 for Windows 7 64 bit - Softpedia

Thank you!

Gennaro

0 Kudos