4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2012 8:56 AM by Denis Yartsev RSS

S5000PSL / IRMM2 virtual DVD problem

ptr727 Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi I am installing W2K8R2 on a system with a S5000PSL board.

I am using the IRMM2 virtual ISO mount option to mount the W2K8R2 DVD ISO image.

I have two problems:

1. The system will boot from the virtual DVD, but during the installation Windows will report an error that the CD/DVD driver cannot be loaded.

2. If I later want to read data from the mounted DVD, the mounted filesystem is not UDF, and all I see is the ISO9660 text file that tells me I need to look at the DVD using an OS that supports UDF.

I had to install W2K8R2 by copying the DVD contents to a USB key.

Are there any solutions to improving the virtual ISO mounting?

Regards

P.

• 1. Re: S5000PSL / IRMM2 virtual DVD problem
    Dan_O Community Member

I haven't seen any issues with this, but I don't know of anyone else who's tried it yet.  Have any of the other community members seen or tried this?

• 2. Re: S5000PSL / IRMM2 virtual DVD problem
    edwardzh Community Member

I can duplicate it on S5000PAL + RMM2 + Windows 2008.

• 3. Re: S5000PSL / IRMM2 virtual DVD problem
    yanming.hu Community Member

That's the limitation of RMM2 with Win2K8. Currently there is no patch to fix this issue.

The workaround is to use physical DVD to install Win2K8, not by RMM2.

• 4. Re: S5000PSL / IRMM2 virtual DVD problem

sorry for my poor english

I just see some issue in my workaround, and i'll do some trick:

In first i started IE with administrative rights (it need for me, because i got "cannot map disk, possibly permissions troubles")

And boot from original installation image.

I unpack all data files from installation image to hard-drive partition, and map it to server via irmm2,

i return to w2k8 wellcome screen, selected "Windows Restore", selected "command prompt",

change directory to "(my mapped hard-drive):\sources" (in my case d:\sources), and start setup.exe from there.

And it's works fine for me.

i think there have another variant to do installation: just unpack all data from installation cd, and pack them back to iso9660 image. Then boot from original image, and then system ask you to insert drivers-disk then map prepared image to server.

if you have some questions about it i can answer to it in icq: 843666 .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...