Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

How to access Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265

BChen63
Beginner

Hi

I have two dell laptops with wireless card Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265. And I have two equipped docking stations. Currently I can use Intel® Wireless Dock manager to setup the connection, control the connections and read information from advanced diagnose. I am wondering is there some command line or script I can use to direct access the wireless card. Or at least am I capable of just perform the same function(like connect to certain docking station) as the wireless dock manager from command line?

Thanks a lot!

Bo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Fortunato,

The https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24740/Intel-Wireless-Dock-Manager-Software Intel® Wireless Dock Manager Software was designed to be used as a Windows* App, using the graphical interface. It was not planned as a command line application, allowing options and objects in the command prompt. Currently, it is not possible to connect to a specific Docking station by typing a single command.

Please let us know if these computers are for personal use, or for business purposes. Also, let us know the reason why you would like to use CLI instead of the GUI.

BChen63
Beginner

Hi Jonathan,

I need this CLI for the research purpose. Basically we want to study the Wigig performance. For the driver available for the chipset I am not able to find a way to access the information in the chipset. Is there anyway we can get help?

Thanks

0 Kudos