Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

The words and icons are not display well.

HSara1
Beginner

When I open an application on Windows, from the 8.1 and now 10, the words and images of the start button are not rendered. I have uploaded a picture to illustrate this problem. Look at the icons! The Start and other Microsoft programs, such as office.

My drivers are updated.

How can I fix this problem?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SStan5
Novice

I am also getting this issue with a Lenovo Carbon X1 laptop with HD5000 Graphics. I have tried installing the latest driver, as well as removing all drivers and letting Windows Update do it's thing.

Nothing is fixing this!

The frustrating thing for me with this I get is that this 'blurry' issue also occurs in IE on my external screen, until I mouse over the font when it then clears up. I have attached an image of me writing this post as an example

Any ideas/updates would be welcome here.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
MEnge1
Beginner

Had the same problem and you can do a workaround by doing some changes in the graphics settings at 3D.

Below is in dutch, but for me the problem went away by enabling MSAA and disabling CMAA.

Still I find this a workaround and not really a fix as I want to use CMAA instead of MSAA.

I went back to 8.1 and hopefully a fix/new driver version will come soon so that I can play games

on W10 as well.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

All:

This information is intended to all Windows 10 users that are experiencing issues with a supported Intel® Graphics Controller (http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm supported graphics)

/message/321854# 321854 Re: -NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

See post # 93

Allan.

0 Kudos
SStan5
Novice

Thanks MarcelE

Disabling CMAA, enabling MSAA and rebooting fixed the problem for me.

0 Kudos
MEnge1
Beginner

You're welcome.

It is also a workaround for games crashing and driver crashes (not responding).

Still hoping for a complete fix, so that we can disable MSAA and enable CMAA again (for getting some more performance in games).

0 Kudos