1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 3:55 PM by JPMontero_Intel

How to use the latest meta-openembedded branch

IntelAnonymous

Good day,

related to the official documentation about building your custom yocto image (see: Intel® Edison Boards — Board Support Package (BSP) User Guide ), one should install the meta-openembedded layer for additional recipes. From the user guide:

cd edison-src/meta-intel-edison

git clone https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded.git

cd meta-openembedded

git checkout daisy

However, if you have a look into the github reposity you can easily see that the "daisy branch" is listed unter "stale branches":

Branches · openembedded/meta-openembedded · GitHub

Last update: 8 months ago!

Result: Latest bufixes or additional recipes such as php are not included within the daisy-branch.

I tried to use the "master-next" branch by using

git checkout master-next

However, this results in bitbake errors such as:

ERROR: ParseError at /edison-src/meta-intel-edison/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-qt/qt-mobility/qt-mobility_1.2.0.inc:4: Could not inherit file classes/bluetooth.bbclass-

So currently I am manually copying needed recipes from the meta-openembedded layer (master-next) to my own layer. But I do not have a good feeling about this.

Question:

How can I use the latest meta-openembedded layer within the edison yocto bitbake process??

• 1. Re: How to use the latest meta-openembedded branch
          JPMontero_Intel

Hi IntelAnonymous,

The steps you mentioned are the ones you need to use but instead of checking out the daisy branch you need to use dizzy-next. This is because the latest BSP sources for the Intel Edison platform are now Yocto 1.7.2 (Dizzy). Once you have cloned the layer into edison-src/meta-intel-edison you need to add this new layer into the config/bblayers.conf. Now you can add the packages you want in the Edison build in the local.conf file. I hope this helps.

Regards,
          JPMontero_Intel