Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics, No support for Windows 10?

CG6
Beginner

I have an i3 M 370 @ 2.40Ghz which uses Intel HD Graphics the very first kind, I'm on 2012 drivers. In windows 7 I'm pretty sure they were 2013/2014 drivers, the issue is I'm trying to do certain things i.e. play games or watch movies or certain programs and I don't have the resolution sizes, crappy frames per second in most games and movies flicker here and there.

I truly do love the look and design of Windows 10, I loved Windows 8, but I'm stuck on Windows 10 now because something happened to my Windows 7 backup Windows 10 created. I have my discs, the issue is my HDD is filled with stuff I need and I don't have any more external HDD's to put that stuff on. Windows 7 had great support for most of my things, the biggest issue I have on Windows 10 is my ethernet internet won't stay on and my graphics driver is heavily outdated.

Can we get support for this or am I dead in the water? Kinda silly Windows 10 gave me the go ahead even though things don't work properly. I feel jipped cause I don't know what happened to my widows 7 backup.

Any help?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CG6
Beginner

Literally nothing?

0 Kudos
CG6
Beginner

Really? Still nothing.. Well least I know where Intel customers stand with you guys. I'll make sure my next computer is AMD. At least they talk to their customers and tell you if or not something is supported or will be.

Answer solved, nothing!

0 Kudos
ASchm12
Beginner

If you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8, you should have the option to rollback to your original OS in Start>Settings>Recovery unless you deleted the data present in the root folder of your system drive. The Windows 10 drivers for Intel HD Graphics seems to be really buggy at the moment and giving issues to many.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

PixelBitZombie

You are currently running an Intel(R) HD graphics first generation with your i3 M 370 processor, according to the list of supported operating system for your graphics controller Windows 10 is not supported. Intel does not have plans to develop drivers for Windows 10 on Intel® HD Graphics first generation.

See details here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

Allan.

0 Kudos
CG6
Beginner

Then why was I given the go ahead on the Windows 10 notification? I met every requirement besides Touch Screen. Since Intel has no plans, can I ask why? Even AMD gives support for legacy hardware. This laptop is almost 6 years old, an AMD build I was running was 8 years old and had support for windows 8.

You guy got to step your game up, either way I guess thanks for the info but I won't be buying Intel again knowing what I know now.

0 Kudos
ARust
Beginner

Allan is this still the current situation with this? I'm using the Microsoft Basic Adapter which works but is horrible as it distorts the aspect ratio and therefore not usable for design projects.

The issue I currently get with the automatic found drivers for the Intel HD is that the screen is far too dark and can not be adjusted to a workable level.

I realize that this is Microsoft's issue for allowing the upgrade but your help would be appreciated.

Please let me know.

Many thanks, Andy

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

AndyRust There is no change on Intel side about drivers for Windows® 10 and Intel® HD Graphics first generation. Please keep checking Windows Update for future drives that Microsoft may release for your graphics controller.

Allan.

0 Kudos