Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Advanced-N 6235 Bluetooth not working in Windows 10

JWent1
Beginner

I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night. I have an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wi-fi/bluetooth combo card in my laptop. Windows 10 recognized the wi-fi portion of the card and installed the proper driver for that; however, I see nothing about Bluetooth anywhere in my Device Manager. I looked through the info on http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-035684.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Which Intel Wireless Products Support Windows® 10? and I see that the 6235 is supported. According to one of the articles on that page, I just need to install the Bluetooth driver. If I click on that link, it takes me to the download page for the PROSet download page for Bluetooth, but Windows 10 isn't listed anywhere on that page. I tried installing the 8.1 driver and that didn't seem to do anything. Anyone have advice?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello JaybirdOSU,

The Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 should work well in Microsoft Windows* 10. However, there are no Intel drivers for the Bluetooth* component of the adapter. There are only inbox drivers, meaning that the drivers are built into Windows* 10 or can be obtained through Windows* Update.

If the drivers were not found and the Bluetooth* adapter is not enumerated during the install/upgrade of Windows 10, then you should go into Device Manager, select the (unknown) device, then choose the option to update the driver via Windows Update and let the Operating System find the driver automatically.

Please remember that the best source to obtain drivers for your PC components on any given OS is the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support.

JWent1
Beginner

Jonathan - I tried this and received the message that Windows was unable to install your Unknown Device. This is the only unknown device listed and I'm fairly certain it is my bluetooth adapter. I see no other entries in Device Manager for Bluetooth devices. I also checked my manufacturers website (HP) and was unable to locate any Bluetooth drivers there. Do you have any other suggestions? I already spoke with HP support and they told me to talk to Intel.

0 Kudos
JByki
Beginner

first, try to run Intel update driver and software diagnostic.

Second, intel advanced N-6235 absolutely has its own bluetooth driver. Don't believe one word of a guy that uses the word should in a reply

when looking for help. Sorry John, thats true.

Third, latest driver are tagged for win 10 os.

I am struggling myself to make it work, by the way jaybird, if the network/bluetooth adapter is Intel, is quite obvious you need intel updater.

Double che driver version for it is the newly installed and that win has not overrided the intel installation.

Intel soft updater is available to download on Intel website.

last option, is check with your manufacturer propietary system/driver care software updater, but if you know the component not working is intel, you can skip that. I have VAio care, Hp Care and lenovo solutions, sometimes they work, sometimes not.

Check the I/0 of the device and see if there are conflicts. Go under properties in device manager of your network adapter, and scroll down to bluetooth, than you need to cross check those drivers, but this is going to be a lot more complicated..

These are the driver installed for my bluetooth after last update confirmed version on my computer with bluetooth issue, aka not visible anywhere on the windows settings.

My pc is a VAIO SVD1121P2EB Ultrabook, and it's under warranty, never opened.

Bluetooth still missing after win 10 upgrade.

Good luck. I'm looking for a fix to this problem to me as well, I really miss my bluetooth speakers...

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jule,

We replied to your message in the related thread:

Since our last update, a generic Bluetooth* driver for the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 was released:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25206/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-10-64-bit-JP-?product=66890 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10 64-bit (JP)

0 Kudos