Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 problems on new Driver on Windows 10!

ACarv3
Novice

Hi,

I have a laptop Asus K450JF with a graphic Intel HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M.

You never gave me any trouble on Windows 8.1. Now I installed Windows 10 and installed the latest driver from intel. But now I have graphics problems. In<span style="color: # 222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16...

44 Replies
JIglé
Beginner

I've got exactly the same issue.

ELara
Novice

Same Problem here. With Microsoft Generic Drivers display looks fine. But with intel red everywhere. Same PC Asus K450jf.

Edit: I can confirm everything in the 1 post

JSamp3
Novice

Same pc ... same issue !!!!

0 Kudos
BMan2
Beginner

Can confirm as well with the exact same GPUs on my Asus F450J

Both latest win8.1 and win10 drivers are causing crazy flickering and all the colors have become mostly purple and green just like the OP

Please fix this ASAP Intel because I don't want to downgrade back to Win 8.1

0 Kudos
ELara
Novice

For those who dont want to downgrade while wait for a solution. There is something you can do. Use Microsoft Generic Drivers and one more thing you need to disable automatic drivers updates!

0 Kudos
BMan2
Beginner

When you say use generic drivers, do you mean to completely disable the intel adapter?

Because everytime I uninstall the intel driver + delete the driver files, windows on reboot still somehow manages to immediately reinstall it and the display problems return

I've also disabled automatic driver updates from device installation settings but that doesn't seem to help either

0 Kudos
ELara
Novice

Yes, You need to uninstall intel driver and disable automatic driver installation and reboot your pc Then. If the problem returns is because you did not disable the automatic driver installation.

This works for me. Warning expect some cpu load due to generic driver. Use the docking station for cooling your laptop
0 Kudos
ACarv3
Novice

Although it survives without the driver. The Intel really needs to fix this problem in the driver. A lot of people are facing this problem!

0 Kudos
ELara
Novice

The sad thing is that Intel didn't comment the issue. Maybe this is knowed issue or Asus fault due to specific model driver.

0 Kudos
RCorr2
Beginner

Hi same problem here with a K450JF/X450JF (same model, different countries).

Works good with Generic driver, although I don't know if this enables the management between the HD4600 and the GeForce 745M.

You don't need to uninstall anything, just go to the device manager, choose the HD 4600 Graphics under Graphic Cards, properties -> drivers -> "revert driver" or something similar (i don't have the windows in english, so I don't exactly what it will appear, but it's the third button from the top.

This works without the need to disable automatic updates (so far).

I would really appreciate a functional driver, though...

Regards,

0 Kudos
JSamp3
Novice

can't believe this problem is not fix yet ...

JKent
Novice

Same problem on Lenovo T440p laptop - but with external monitor connection.

In Windows 10 my Intel HD 4600 drivers work fine with the laptop screen, but do not support higher resolution (1920x1080) on the monitor.

Not only that, if I try to install the Intel drivers, I get a message that the system does not support this driver!

Somebody at Intel, please pick up the phone to Microsoft and solve the problem (by the way, the same problems are happening with NVIDIA drivers).

0 Kudos
PKata1
Beginner

same problem with my driver. Intel hd 4400

0 Kudos
ZUl_A
Beginner

i am also facing the same problem on my asus X450JF. I also have Intel HD 4600. Please help

0 Kudos
ELara
Novice

Did any one tried to do a clean/format install ?

0 Kudos
RAdin
Novice

Using X450JF here...

I believe that this is indeed a driver problem.

I already:

1. Upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, screen color already going weird in the middle of installation. Continues being weird after the upgrade is done and after updating the Windows 10 via Windows Update.

2. Clean install via Recovery -> Reset PC, screen color going weird in the middle of the process. Still weird after it's finished and updated the Windows via Windows Update.

3. Clean install via USB. Screen color going weird after installing Intel HD Graphics driver (the screen is normal when using generic driver). At this point I believe that the problem lies in either Intel's driver or the laptop BIOS.

Just now, I have checked the Asus website for BIOS update for X450JF and found that there is new BIOS update posted in support page. I'm going to update my BIOS and try to UPGRADE my laptop to Windows 10 (currently in Windows 8.1, restored using system image backup <- <strong>ALWAYS do this before doing a major update!). Be right back to update the result...

SChun13
Novice

Hey, I'm currently running the new bios but yeah also no change, just gotta sit tight and wait for Asus and/or Intel to fix it for us.

0 Kudos
JKent
Novice

I just responded to Bryce@Intel with his news of the updated 4600 driver (which also didn't load on my computer yesterday).

It turns out that my particular problem was caused by my Lenovo Docking Station, which does not pass through the higher resolutions. When I connect my VGA monitor directly to the laptop, I have all the resolutions listed, no problem. Also, the new driver loads fine, but only when the laptop isn't sitting in the docking port!

For any other laptop users with a docking station, try removing it from your connection loop.

I have requested Lenovo Support to supply a firmware update to the ThinkPad Pro Dock 40A1 (not the "One").

0 Kudos
RAdin
Novice

Updating BIOS/UEFI doesn't solve the problem. It seems that waiting for driver update is the only option for X450JF users...

0 Kudos
SChun13
Novice

yeah tried man, still same issue. x450jf too

0 Kudos