Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

XTU not displaying Processor Frequency

YLee42
Beginner

Hello,

I wanted to make several profile and tune turbo boost power max for saving battery or high performance.

However, XTU doesn't display 'Processor Frequency', while there is no problem on HWmonitor.

it seems XTU can identify CPU

HW monitor displays cpu clocks well.

Following screenshot is spec of my tablet

I am looking for a solution to XTU program problem, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Marvin_L_Intel
Employee

Hello Yehoon,

The Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) can be used on 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, and later generations, on both mobile and desktop platforms but certain features might not be visible or available depending on the processor and motherboard specifications. In your particular case the XTU does not have the option to show the frequency under the "Benchmarking" option because that processor is not intended to be used with that feature of the software, therefore the motherboard does not provide that to the application. However as you can see under "System Information" the processor information is being displayed correctly, which discards any type of problem with your system.

Our best recommendation will be to keep using the system in the way that you have right now without doing any type of changes but if you want to change anything you have to contact Microsoft and ask if that can be done and if yes they may be able to tell you what can be done.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Best regards,

marving_intel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am using the latest XTU software 6.0.2.2 but I am not getting any issues with processor frequency information. Would you provide additional information about the issue you described? Step by step information to try to replicate this issue.

Here is the latest version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=xtu Intel® Download Center

Allan.

0 Kudos
Marvin_L_Intel
Employee

Hello Yehoon,

The Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) can be used on 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, and later generations, on both mobile and desktop platforms but certain features might not be visible or available depending on the processor and motherboard specifications. In your particular case the XTU does not have the option to show the frequency under the "Benchmarking" option because that processor is not intended to be used with that feature of the software, therefore the motherboard does not provide that to the application. However as you can see under "System Information" the processor information is being displayed correctly, which discards any type of problem with your system.

Our best recommendation will be to keep using the system in the way that you have right now without doing any type of changes but if you want to change anything you have to contact Microsoft and ask if that can be done and if yes they may be able to tell you what can be done.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Best regards,

marving_intel