1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 5:45 PM by taica_gut

Intel Z97 Chipset USB 3.0 drivers and A4Tech Bloody G501 Headset incompatible.

taica_gut

I specified the problem in a previous post (Intel Z97 Chipset USB 3.0 drivers and Logitech G35 Headset incompatible.) but I have not received any response, so I'll describe the problem again. I own headphones A4Tech Bloody G501. I noticed that the headphones driver is incompatible with Intel USB 3.0 driver. In Windows 7 SP1 after a new installation of the operating system ( without installing the Intel USB 3.0 driver) headphones works perfectly, as well as their software. After I install the Intel USB 3.0 driver, the headphones are not recognized by the system. If I uninstall the Intel USB 3.0 driver, headset works perfectly in USB 2.0 port and in USB 3.0 port. On my system motherboard (Gigabyte GA Z97X Gaming 3) I have Z97 chipset. There also have an older desktop that headphones works perfectly, motherboard's not have USB 3.0 (so did not need Intel USB 3.0 driver) and I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop, it has USB 3.0 but uses the USB 3.0 driver from Renesas, the headset also works perfectly on my laptop. Now I use Windows 8.1 and the Intel USB 3.0 driver is integrated in OS (no separate installation required), my problem is that I can not uninstall the driver to use headphones that can not use the mouse and keyboard (USB connected). However this could not be a solution because when I uninstall the Intel USB 3.0 driver USB 3.0 ports becomes USB 2.0 (transfer rate is reduced to the value of USB 2.0). I tried to install Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller:  3.0.4.65, Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller:  3.0.5.69 and the driver from my motherboard CD (I'm not sure which version) but with the same result, headphones do not work after installing the driver.

What can we do? I also need headphones and USB 3.0 !! I think the driver has some problems since it is incompatible with two or maybe more manufacturers, in this case Logitech G35 and A4Tech Bloody G501, totally different manufacturers !! See here: Intel Z97 Chipset USB 3.0 drivers and Logitech G35 Headset incompatible.