1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 10:04 PM by darwinb_intel

Installed yocto image to SSD for NUC

ziacat

Hello,

I have built a custom yocto image for my NUC with the yocto tools.  I can dd the .img to a usb stick and boot, but now ike to format and partition a SSD.

I tried following the instructions here https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/How_do_I to no avail.  They are

"

Q: How do I put Yocto on a hard drive?

A: bitbake core-image-sato or core-image-sato-sdk

1. have a suitable partition on the disk - say partition #3
      2. this partition will show up as sde3 on my host machine and sda3 on the atom
      3. mkfs.ext3 /dev/sde3
      4. mount /dev/sde3 /mnt/target
      5. mount -o loop tmp/deploy/images/core-image-sato-sdk.ext3 /mnt/target-ext3
      6. cp -a /mnt/target-ext3/* /mnt/target
      7. grub-install --recheck --root-directory=/mnt/target /dev/sde

If grub install passed, copy the following to /mnt/target/boot/grub/grub.cfg

set default="0" set timeout="30"  menuentry 'Yocto SDK' { insmod part_msdos insmod ext2 set root='(hd0,msdos3)' linux /boot/bzImage root=/dev/sda3 }

"

Step 7 fails with: "grub-install: error: /mnt/target doesn't look like an EFI partition."

How can I install the ext3 to a SSD and boot?  What's the iso for?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Installed yocto image to SSD for NUC
          darwinb_intel

Hello,

The best recommendation we can give you about the problem you are experiencing is to contact the Yocto Project community and request for advice in regards of the instructions they posted in the link you provided.

Intel NUCs are compact PCs meant to be used with Microsoft operating systems. We know other users may utilize them for different purposes with different operating systems and we know several Linux distros have been tested fine but officially we offer support for Microsoft operating systems only.

To know more about supported operating systems for Intel NUCs, visit:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034034.htm