In this case, you might do a clean install of the driver following these steps:
1. As first option, contact the Computer Manufacturer Support and obtain the most recent drivers for your wireless adapter.
Optionally, you can use the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows* 8.1, version 18.11.0. Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes Drivers): Wireless_18.11.0_e132.exe and Wireless_18.11.0_e164.exe
2. Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Wireless-N 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager again and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, you can customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.