Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

AC7260 problems from the start. please. please. help me.

mp9
Beginner

I got the AC7260 and it has been a problem from the start. I mainly got it for gaming and any game I play I get rubber banding every couple of minutes for 3 seconds. Then everything is fine for 5 minutes. Then lag for 3 seconds. It's infuriating and I`m trying to do everything I can but the support from Intel is awful and none of the software they provide works. For example, I tried downloading the driver update program but it keeps giving me errors when it tries to install a driver and won't install anything. Garbage.

I then try to manually download the newest drivers on your website (From 07/21/2015) but when I try to install the drivers and look at my device manager the date on the installed drivers is from 2013? What? WHY? Please help me. I am running Win 8.1 64 bit.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

MikeTP,

Rubber-banding and lag can be caused by a plethora of reasons and it is important to identify the source properly.

What made you think it is your wireless adapter that is causing the issue?

Is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 the original card that came installed by factory when you bought your computer, is it a laptop or a desktop? Please provide full information on it.

Your post suggests you have installed it later, could you confirm?

Have you check with your ISP for possible issues?

Is your modem/router running the latest firmware?

Do you notice any ping spike when it occurs?

Does the FPS drops?

Does this happen with all games you play or just some?

Have you tried to play connected via a Ethernet cable to see if the same thing happens?

*If your wireless card has been installed after you bought you computer, please know that Intel does not support integrations and if it is a laptop, your best option will be to contact the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and check if they have any updates that could improve your experience. Check this link for further information: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

If you're using QoS on your network, boost those to highest priority and things like email client down to lowest priority.

Are you using 'Wireless Zero Configuration', consider disabling it if you don't need it, as Windows* will be checking your network every 30 seconds for Wi-Fi connections. This can cause rubber-banding in some cases.

1. Control Panel > Administrative Tools

2. Click Services and scroll down to WLAN AutoConfig

3. Click WLAN AutoConfig & select Manual in Startup Type

4. OK, exit and reboot.