5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 2:03 PM by aintnomistery

NUC5i7RYH do not boot, can't get to bios

aintnomistery

I guess my coworker played with fast boot, but he do not know for sure.

I tried power button three beeps - no help. Black screen. Tried jumper off for BIOS refreshing. Nothing.

NUC is connected to Samsung TV.

My bad that I let him play with my toy

• 1. Re: NUC5i7RYH do not boot, can't get to bios
          Solti

I have the same problem.  I just bought one NUC5I7RYH, and updated BIOS to 249.
          Then it shows black screen after cold reboot, and I have to use pwr button to force turning off the system a couple of times and then it can finally boot.

is this something wrong with the NUC?  or something wrong with the BIOS?

can anyone help on this problem?

• 2. Re: NUC5i7RYH do not boot, can't get to bios
            hansb_intel

Hi aintnomistery,

If you get 3 blinks when you power on, then this is indicating no memory or not detecting memory. So try 1 memory stick at a time if you have more than 1 or change the memory stick. You can you give me the memory brand and model as well.

• 3. Re: NUC5i7RYH do not boot, can't get to bios
              aintnomistery

Hi!

No, I do not get those three blinks.

Memory is two modules of 8GB, Kingston DDR3L HyperX Impact Black Series SO-DIMM Kit 1600MHz CL9, SSD is Intel 530 M.2 MLC 120GB, and HDD is WD 1TB.

I tried one module only, only SSD or only HDD, even no SSD/HDD. Only time when I can get trhee blinks is when I pull out both memory modules.

Can not get anything on screen.

Thx in advance.

• 4. Re: NUC5i7RYH do not boot, can't get to bios
                Solti

hi,

I don't have the blinking either.

when it boots, it just stay black.  needs 1 or 2 times of holding power button to force it off and reboot, then it can start correctly.

the issue happens when cold boot.  Restart directly from Windows is fine.   Power-off first then boot is triggering the issue.

I'm using

- memory: Corsair Vengeance Performance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3L 1600MHz PC3 12800

- SSD: Kingston Digital HyperX Predator 480 GB PCIe Gen2 x4 M.2 Solid State Drive 3.5-Inch SHPM2280P2/480G

- BIOS: 0249

is there any known issue with the latest BIOS?

• 5. Re: NUC5i7RYH do not boot, can't get to bios
                  aintnomistery

As I started the topic, let me finish it.

Problem with my NUC was - HDMI cable. When I today changed to miniDP - all hell broke lose - everything is working.

HDMI cable I was using is OK, it is not bad at all. Why I can not get the video out of it, when I used to get it, it is mistery for me.