Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver version 14.0.0.1143 wrecked my PC!

MBish6
Beginner

I went to update, my otherwise 100% stable PC from Intel Rapid Storage Technology 13.6.0.1002 to 14.0.0.1143 and right away my PC began locking up often. This lead to hard drive corruption and required repair. It got worse when I tried to uninstall it. It WOULDN'T uninstall successfully. Even after I managed to get rid of it so much damage had been done that many things on my PC were not working right. I formatted the PC and did a clean Windows install, installed the drivers and the crashing began just as before almost immediately.

I am running 4x Samsung 840 Pro's in RAID 0 on a z97 board with an Intel Devil's Canyon CPU on Windows 8.1. I have write back cache enabled. This PC has literally been 100% rock solid since I built it. These new RST drivers have now cost me my whole weekend. That's what it will take to get it back in working order. To add insult to injury, Intel seems to want nothing to do with supporting this software as I cannot seem to submit a ticket about this software.

How dare you, Intel. You shove this garbage on us and then throw walls up to avoid supporting it?! Pull this rotten software down before too many other people get hurt by it.

1 Reply
Kiriakos-GR
New Contributor I

Several years later..

At my Z87 board I decided to move upwards from 13.6.0.1002, at 14.0.0.1143 mostly because it supports latest NET framework for Win7 Pro 64 bit (Retail).

No problems at all.

Therefore Microsoft should be flamed for their Win8.1 experimental OS.  

0 Kudos