2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 9:56 AM by mark_h_@intel

Driver update tool crashes on scan?

TimDisplayName

I'm running the driver update tool version 2.1, which I just downloaded this week on a system running Windows Embedded Standard 7.1

When I go to run the scan tool, the program immediately crashes with the following .net error chain:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:     CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01:     driverupdateui.exe

Problem Signature 02:     2.1.0.17

Problem Signature 03:     5596dcb2

Problem Signature 04:     UIAutomationTypes

Problem Signature 05:     4.0.30319.17929

Problem Signature 06:     4ffa7be8

Problem Signature 07:     e

Problem Signature 08:     0

Problem Signature 09:     System.DllNotFoundException

OS Version:                   6.1.7601.2.1.0.320.65

Local ID:                       1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

So... that sounds like I'm missing a DLL, but does anyone have any idea what DLL is missing or what feature pack it would be included in?

• 1. Re: Driver update tool crashes on scan?
          mark_h_@intel

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the report. I don't know what might be missing. I'll check with the app developers to see if they have an idea.We don't test the utility with any embedded versions of Windows and I am not sure that we will have a fix. But we will look into it and I'll let you know if I find out anything useful.

Were you running the previous version of the utility (2.0.0.29) successfully? Most of the underlying program is the same, so I can get you a copy of the old version if that will help.

If you haven't already tried it, you might want to uninstall the utility, reboot, and then do a fresh install.

Mark Hanna

• 2. Re: Driver update tool crashes on scan?
            mark_h_@intel

I'm not sure why you're getting the crash, but since the error is in the .net error chain, you might try running the .net framework installer. The utility installer includes a call for .net version 4.5, but you could try installing it directly. I don't know if this will fix the issue or not, but I think it's worth a try. Let me know how it works for you. See the page at Installing the .NET Framework. Scroll down past the table and follow the direction and link for version 4.5.

DotNet4-5RedistributableDownload.png