Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

DPI 1.2 detection problem

GGibi
Beginner

I have a Dell XPS 13 with 5500 HD Graphics. I'm using DP 1.2 hub to connect an external screen (using VGA). The n ative resolution of the external screen is 1600x1200. I'm encountering the following issues:

1) The native resolution of the screen detected by Windows is 1920x1080 (this resolution is not supported by the screen actually)

2) When the screen of my laptop and the external screen goes to sleep because of inactivity then the external screen does not come back on and is not detected by windows. Unplugging and re-pluggin the VGA from the adapter or the adapter from the DisplayPort does not work, forcing the detection with the "Detect" button in the windows screen resolution window does not work.

Thanks,

Giovanni

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Based on the problem description, it looks like the problem is related to the graphics adapter.

Have you tested the computer using straight cables?

Are you currently running the latest video drivers? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+5500+for+5th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors Intel® Download Center

Allan.

0 Kudos
GGibi
Beginner

I'm currently using the latest driver released by DELL. Should I try to upgrade to original Intel driver instead of manufacturer drivers?

I've tried using the same adaptor but connecting another screen to the HDMI port (the adaptor supports VGA, HDMI and DVI) and it is working fine.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Ok, let me know what happens when you load Intel generic drivers.

Allan.

0 Kudos
GGibi
Beginner

I'm trying to download the latest driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25143/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Intel® Download Center

but non of the links works

0 Kudos
DNuke
Novice

See the answer in this post for the download links:

0 Kudos