3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 8:42 AM by allan_intel

Unable to Update OptiPlex 755's Graphics Driver from 8.15 to 15.12! Need Help!

Kuza

Hello savy troubleshooting folks of the forums! I come to you with a major problem. The current and most up to date Graphics driver for my OptiPlex 755 on Windows 7 Ultimate will not stick. I am trying my best to solve this on my own, but after disabling and uninstalling drivers to no avail... I have almost given up. Here's what I have done so far:

- Uninstalled Intel Q35 Express Chipset Family (GPU)

- Installed DirectX 11, R194010, R194011 drivers as instructed

- Updated the BIOS to O755-A22 update.

- Tried several differently software compatibilities from Vista SP2 to XP SP2

- Ran the Intel Driver Update Utility successfully, but after restarting the Device Manager shows the old version

So, any idea what I can attempt to get the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7 (64 Bit) to actually install? I can't figure out why it's not wanting to update from 8.15 to 15.12! I need the Shader Model 3.0 feature so my girlfriend can play online games with me lol. The funny this is, before I reformatted the computer... it worked just fine. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Attached an image for science!

Problem.png