5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 3:46 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Intel DG43NB after bios update doesnt work

mrartuka

Hello guys,sry for bad english.

Today i upgraded bios on my board,everything went ok, turned pc on normally.

Then i turned off so i can connect my fan.

PC doesnt turn on anymore.

fans spins for 2 seconds and then keeps restarting every 2-3 seconds.

Cant even enter bios or anything else.

PC doesnt give any beeps, any post or similar.

I tried: removing battery,reseting cmos,removing RAM sticks,removing any other components nothing helps.

Is it posible that motherboard now doesnt want to accept my cpu?

Motherboard: DG43NB

CPU: Core2Duo E6750

Can you guys help me...

If someone know what to do here is my viber so i can also show you on video: 0038762707631

• 1. Re: Intel DG43NB after bios update doesnt work
          mikec_intel

Try with a BIOS recovery. Download the file name NB0107.BIO; copy it to a CD.
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19740/BIOS-Update-NBG4310H-86A-

Then, remove the BIOS jumper, insert the CD and restart the system. The motherboard will perform a BIOS recovery automatically, it is not necessary to press any key. USB BIOS recovery is not available on this older board.

Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update
          Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update

Mike C

• 2. Re: Intel DG43NB after bios update doesnt work
            mrartuka

Thank you for the reply,but im unable to do that. PC keeps restarting too fast so its unable to read cd in time.

• 3. Re: Intel DG43NB after bios update doesnt work
              M82A1

Hello,

I've technically bricked two Intel mobo's DH77KZ and DZ77GA-70K trying to run the BIOS update Executed files from Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and Windows 7 Pro 64bit respectively.

After executing the executable version of the BIOS update package, the system would boot continually, beep, and reboot.

My attempts to resolve the issue on the DH77KZ failed using the provide online instructions from the Intel product support site, and after buying a new mobo (DZ77GA-70K) and hitting the same snag when updating the BIOS, I was starting to think it's me, since again the recovery approach shown by the support web site didn't work...

UNTIL....

I realize that documenting a process that comes with the "should be executed by a trained technician" may not be complete; however, ALL of the documentation relating to the BIOS recovery process is missing a key set of instructions!  The name of the *.BIO file must be "bios.bio", not the original BIOS file name like "GA0066.BIO", only after I corrected the file name and put the USB stick (reformatted to FAT32 and then copying the bios.bio file to it), into a board connected (back pannel) USB 2 port (same as USB keyboard, so not the high current one), did the BIOS recovery process succeed.

So the process with USB thumb drive would be:

Recovery with Bootable USB Thumb Drive

Use this method if the recovery file (*.BIO) is too large to fit on a floppy disk or if the desktop board does not include floppy drive support.

1. Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a bootable USB thumb drive.
              2. Rename the bios file (e.g. GA0066.BIO) to “bios.bio”
              3. Place the thumb drive in a USB port of the target system.

NOTE:  Place utilize an onboard USB 2.0 port, ideally the a back panel standard USB 2.0 port for best results in finding the USB thumb drive with the “bios.bio” file

1. Shut down the system and unplug AC power.
              2. Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the location of this jumper.
              3. Power the system on.
              4. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete.
              5. System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system.
              6. Remove the thumb drive from the USB port.
              7. Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.
              8. Restart system.

I'll be posting this to a direct post on the forum too.

• 4. Re: Intel DG43NB after bios update doesnt work
                mikec_intel

Hi M82A1,

Thank you for your comments.

In regards the suggestion to change the name of the BIOS file, this is not necessary; it is just necessary to keep the file in the root of the thumb drive.

In regards the USB port, you are correct, it is necessary to use a USB2.0 from the back panel of the board.

Regards,
                Mike C

• 5. Re: Intel DG43NB after bios update doesnt work
                  N.Scott.Pearson

Also, when attempting to clear CMOS, unplug the system from the wall and remove the battery for at least an hour...

...S

P.S. And to reiterate, the BIOS does not contain any default file name. The BIO file can have any 8.3 name that you want.