Please try out the below driver:-
A customized version of the Intel Graphics Driver may be installed on your computer. This occurs if your computer manufacturer has chosen to change features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the graphics driver software. Hence Installing the appropriate graphics driver from the manufacturer website is recommended.
You can try installing the generic driver, However if you encounter problems please rollback to your previous driver.
Restoring previous driver: If the Intel generic driver you installed doesn't work properly, or you simply want to go back to a previous driver, perform the following steps:
- Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adapters.
- Double-click on your Intel display device.
- Select the Driver tab.
- Click Roll Back Driver.
Hmm it says its not for my operating system and then it didn't go through the install. If this is the only possible driver then I guess I cannot update it any further
unfortunately it is 64 bit,
Please send me the following information, so I will be able to send to you the latest generic graphics driver. Bear in mind, it will work if your computer manufacturer allows it.
Getting Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu search box> open> Save Information> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.
The latest generic driver is Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1-64-bit version 188.8.131.52.4226 for the Intel® Pentium™ P6200
Intel® Download Center
Force the installation of Intel generic drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions
Graphics Drivers — Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected
Just in case, here are the steps you need to follow for the manual installation:
1. Login with administrator privileges
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Device Manager
4. Click on "Display adapters"
5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
6. Click on the "Driver" tab
7. Click on "Update Driver" button
8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10. Click on "Have Disk" button
11. Click "Browse"
12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to
13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
15. Click "OK"
16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.
It is important to say that the .ZIP file can be downloaded from the same page than the .EXE file.
If problem continues, it is necessary to use the graphics driver available on your laptop manufacturer website.
I've been ale to complete all the steps until 14. I expand the graphics sub folder and nothing appears, which is strange because they are there in both the zipped and unzipped files.
I tried unzipping the files on a folder on the desktop, and a folder in downloads but every time I navigate from the device manager to the graphic folder nothing seems to be there! My user account is the administrator by the way
The generic driver is not working with your Aspire 7739Z-4439 laptop; it will be necessary to use the graphics driver available on Aspire support website. The laptop manufacturer customized the drivers.