1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2015 2:09 PM by CMata_Intel

Edison is not booting (probably fried)

martinianodl

Hello all,

I don't know what happened, I was trying to run a display (Adafruit Nokia 5110 + Level Shifters) on my Edison and my console printed "Temperature above threshold," when I checked the Edison it was really hot! I waited it cool down and tested again, it started booting, but also started to heat very fast. So, I turned it off, waited a little bit more and now it's not even booting. I tested on the Arduino Breakout and on the Mini Breakout the same problem happens on both. The only message on the console every time that I power it is "?".

I'm using the 3v3 and 1v8 from the Edison to power the display and level shifters and to power the board I'm using a Li-Ion Poly 3.7v 2500mAh.

Yesterday I was using the same circuit, but I was powering the display and level shifters (3v3) from an external power supply.

I probably fried my Edison, but I want to know I did. Can someone think in what happened?

Btw I'm using the Ublinux.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Edison is not booting (probably fried)
          CMata_Intel

Hi martinianodl ,

Probably was an issue with how you were powering the board, are you sure there wasn't a short-circuit in your configuration?

Did you have the both, battery and power supply connected to the board? If you do it could be a problem with the battery.

I suggest you to contact the place where you bough the board and ask if they can offer you a replacement for your case.

Regards,

Charlie