1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2015 7:47 AM by DiegoV_Intel

Intel Galileo Gen 2 alternatives for SoftwareSerial Arduino library

MorbidMorty

I'm working on a project which requires that I use the Galileo Gen 2 microcontroller (Intel® Galileo Gen 2 Development Board) in conjunction with the Mini Maestro 12-Channel USB Servo Controller from Pololu (Pololu - Mini Maestro 12-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled)) to program several servo motors. This servo controller apparently works fine with other Arduino microcontrollers but I can't get it to work with mine. The main issue seems to be that the Galileo Gen 2 doesn't support the SoftwareSerial.h Arduino library so I'm having no success getting serial devices to work on pins 0-1. I've been searching through several threads for a solution to my problem and found threads such as this one (Arduino 1.5.3 SoftwareSeria Example error) and this one (SoftwareSerial library doesn't work) which offer no solution. The threads I've found are from a year ago. I'm wondering if by now there is maybe a solution to this problem so that I can attach and program the TTL servo controller through my microcontroller. I'm on a tight timeframe so I would really appreciate any prompt replies/solutions. Let me know if you guys need any more details. Thanks in advance Intel community.