Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

How to apply XTU profile when Windows starts?

BGold4
Beginner

Question re Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) software:

Please advise how an XTU profile can be applied on Windows OS startup, is this possible without opening the XTU application in foreground?

I see XtuService.exe running in task manager, so I think it's supported.

Windows 10 CTP

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility was built under Microsoft® Windows platform. It is necessary to startup your operating system first.

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) Supports Overclocking

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-extreme-tuning-utility.html Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) Supports Overclocking

Mike C.

0 Kudos
BGold4
Beginner

Mike, this isn't a very helpful answer. I know XTU is a Windows application.

Suppose I want to reduce or increase the clock frequency (different from UEFI BIOS defaults).

I can achieve this by loading a saved profile in XTU.

But I have to open the XTU application every time I boot the OS, and do these steps:

Profiles => => Show Values => Apply

Re-stating the question: is there a way to automate this profile loading during OS startup?

Can it be done without opening the XTU application window and following these steps?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I regret the misunderstanding.

It is necessary to open the utility first and change the profile always. However, the tool offers the option to change the profile of your device every time you run a specific application automatically; it is not necessary to open the utility first.

The feature is called App-Profile Pairing. Please review the recommendations (help) How does my App-Profile pairing work?

Mike C

0 Kudos
BGold4
Beginner

Hi Mike,

I have tried this app-profile pairing feature, but it seems to work only when the XTU application is running.

Regards

Ben

0 Kudos