9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2010 8:19 AM by mcausey

Updating AXX6DRV3GEXP and AXX4DRV3GEXP

Hi community!

I have big problems to bring the firmware of my backplanes up to the actual version. What components do i have?

- S5000PSL in SC5400BRP with AXX6DRV3GEXP and AXX4DRV3GEXP

- S3210SHLC in SC5299-DP with AXX6DRV3GEXP

Because both servers are loosing there disks from time to time if searched a lot in the web and found out that the firmware of the backplanes have well known problems with sata disks on old versions. I have only sata disks and firmware 2.02 on the backplanes so i think i would be the best to update them to the latest version 2.12 but i don´t no how to do it.

As written in the readme i removed the raid controllers and just attached an single disc with ms dos and the update files on it. Than i try tried to use the batch files to update them but on the S5000 the actual firmware revision is shown but the update fails, on the S3210 it looks like the the backplane isn´t found.

When i try to use the EFI update it also doesn´t work, also a manual load of the ipmi.efi doesn´t want to work.

Whats the correct way to update my backplanes so the disks won´t be lost any longer? It´s not a big problem to connect the backplane from my S3210 temporarily to the S5000, so some tips how to realize it on the S5000 would be enough and extremly useful.

Best regards from rainy germany