I uninstalled my graphics driver because it needed updating and when I tried to update it it gave me the Code 18 error saying I needed to uninstall and reinstall the software. Now I need to install new graphics driver software but I cant do it because out of the four or five i've tried every one of them gives me the 'your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this software' message. So, I followed the instructions given:
Manual method to find your driver
- If you do not know the former codename for your processor, follow these steps. If you know the codename, proceed to step 2.
- Go to the Intel Product Information Web site.
- Type the model number of your processor in the Type Here to Search Products box in the upper left corner of the page.
- From the list of processors that appear under the search box, select the processor that matches yours.
- On a new Web page, with information for that processor, look for theQuick Links box on the right side of the page.
- In the Quick Links box, look for the entry stating Products formerly... The name that follows is the processor codename.
Did all this, found my processor:
Intel® Pentium® Processor B960 (2M Cache, 2.20 GHz)
Then I got to part e and found this
- Export Full Specifications
- Search Distributors
- Software Downloads
- Support Overview
- Search all of intel.com
These are the only options I have. There's no 'products formerly' section. Now I can't find the right graphics driver because I don't know it's codename, and the majority of the drivers on the Intel Download Center are for Intel Core and not Pentium and all the ones I've tried haven't worked. I tried ones for Windows 8 even though I have Windows 8.1, but none of the 8.1 ones i've tried work either.
The only other thing it gives you is this, but to use this table I need to find out it's codename and I can't find it's codename because it doesn't tell me. I need a graphics driver because I uninstalled my other one and now I can't find a new one that works. I looked on the Lenovo website and that was pretty useless as well. Please, if you have any way of helping me that would be great.
|Processor's former codename||Graphics driver|
|Arrandale||Use the driver for Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics|
|Bay Trail||Use the same graphics driver for 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 2500 but there is no Windows 7* 32-bit support.|
|Clarkdale||Use the driver for Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics|
|Haswell||Use the driver for 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4200|
|Ivy Bridge||Use the driver for 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 2500|
|Sandy Bridge||Use the driver for 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000|