Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Windows 10 Beta HD graphics drivers

AElph
Novice

Hi All.. new here. MY WIndows 10 preview crashes on upgrade to 10166 and the consensus is that it's the graphics driver. The Intel driver download centre says there is a new W10 beta driver, but that it's avaiable via Windows Update - which it isn't. Any idea how I get it? I am W10 64bit build 10130 at the mo and stuck!

Thanks

8 Replies
knesh
Beginner

I am facing the same problem .Its coming from optimus (notebooks only) drivers are total mess I am having BSOD all the time expecially when playing (trying to) dota 2 Fatal error all the time.

HD 4600 + gtx 870m total disaster here

0 Kudos
AElph
Novice

I think it's mad that Intel has clearly developed a BETA driver for W10 , we are usig a BETA version of W10, yet for some reason we can't just download the driver like we can for most other hardware!! Why do we have to get it form Windows Update only? It's silly.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please take a look here:

AElph
Novice

I saw that - but what if in Windowds Update you don't actually SEE any driver updates? It's stopping you update Windows and theres no way round it!?

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

I don't think there are Intel driver updates in Windows Update on Windows 10. Driver updates may available in control panel @Intel HD graphics. You have to search for a driver update manually.

This is not required nevertheless.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/download/25053/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-NUC https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/download/25053/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

This is the newest Windows 10 driver at the moment and it works on Haswell.

0 Kudos
AElph
Novice

Just downloaded it and it doesn't install on my i5-2400S PC with integrated Intel HD graphics.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Because you need at least Haswell. There is no official graphics driver support for Sandy Bridge.

0 Kudos
AElph
Novice

Sigh..... just my luck (and probably the same problem many W10 users are having with the 'black screen during installation' issue)....

0 Kudos