2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 2:47 PM by Leah.Blakely

Input signal out of range when extending desktop using VGA port- How to change settings?

Leah.Blakely

Brand new Toshiba Satellite L70-B

Intel Core i5-421ou CPU @ 2.60Ghz

16GB Ram

64 Bit Windows 8.1

Display Adapter is listed as "Intel HD Graphics Family"

Hardware ID for display adapter is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_F9311179&REV_0B

This laptop came out of the box yesterday and I plugged an external monitor into the VGA port to extend my desktop.

The monitor has a message saying "Input Signal Out of Range Change setting to 1600x900 - 60HZ"

The screen resolution on the extended desktop is already set to 1600x900 - 60Hz

I am noticing that in the graphics options, the extended desktop goes from Built-in Display + Digital Display.  I would expect the VGA port to be an analog display.

Under screen resolution, the 2nd detected monitor is listed as "Realtek".  There are no other options and I cannot find a way to change the output on the 2nd display to an analog generic pnp monitor

Some screenshots are attached.   I have already exhausted the Toshiba user forums, and they could not find a solution.

I have done all of the windows updates and updated the drivers on the laptop.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.   Thank you in advance!

Leah

graphics options.jpg

screen resolution.jpg

hardware id.jpg