Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

My I7 4790k is getting hot need some advice

JRumb1
Beginner

Hi! ive been noticing that my 4790k is getting abit hot on idle its around 31c but sometimes jumps to 53c and when downloading something it goes around 50 to 63c then when gaming ive had it go up to 80c. im using the stock cooler and my case has two intake fans at the front and one exuast at the back with there being room for two at the top but i ran out of fans.also i dont know much about voltages for these cpus but when i boot my pc up the voltage goes to 1.281 and then when browsing its at 0.719 not sure if theses are good.

heres my specs

I7 4790k stock.

Gigabyte Z97x gaming 5

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JRumb1
Beginner

Thanks read through that and was able to get my temps down a small bit but didnt want to go too far into it as i dont really know what im doing but the main thing i want to know is the voltage, os ot too high? i havent touched it and im not overclocking it i just want to know is it safe considering its high?

0 Kudos
WAhn
New Contributor I

Intel stock cooler isn't that good.

Get a decent aftermarket cooler if you that worried about the heat. I'm guessing you should be able to afford one since you can afford top of the range 1150 CPU and Gigabyte motherboard.

Another advantage of decent aftermarket cooler is that it'll run quieter than stock and also let you overclock the CPU. You should have bought i7 4790(non K) if you weren't gonna overclock anyway.

0 Kudos
JRumb1
Beginner

thanks for replying im thinking about getting one of the corsair cpu water coolers but im alittle worried about my voltages they seem quite high and i cant really find any good answers anywhere

0 Kudos