1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 11:49 AM by hansb_intel

Is the Test Driver for HDMI Display Detection Issues recomended for customized drivers?

texas_rangy

Sony Ultrabook (notebook)

Windows 8.1 64 bit

processor is IntelCore i7-4500 u CPU @1.8 Ghz

graphics driver is Intel HD Graphics Family

After installing all Microsoft and Sony updates I updated my Windows 8.0 OS to Windows8.1.

When the update was finished my external HDMI plug and play monitor did not work. PC/Settings/Display will not detect a second monitor. HDMI cable and monitor work on another unit.

The control panel/Device Manager graphics properties shows that the Intel HD Graphics Family driver has been disabled, Error Code 43.

This code means that Windows had some problem with it but does not reflect what problem.

I once again ran the Sony graphics update. This is a two part process, a driver update preparation update tool then the driver update. This did not correct the problem.

I have run  the Intel Driver Update Utility and this results in a message stating that the driver is a customized driver and to contact the computer company for the new driver.

Sony support has basically suggested I do the things I have already done. I have asked them which Intel Graphics driver is closest to the Sony modified driver I have so I can install it. Even at the risk of losing some functionality but no answer to date.

I am sure that I am having a driver problem because my graphics is now bad. On a game of solitaire, the cards move so slowly I though I was back in "the old days" and UTube is rally slow.

From what I have seen on many web searches, on Microsoft, Sony and Intel support boards, this is a common problem. On this forum I have read the threads regarding the Vista, Win 7 corrections also applying  to Win 8 and 8.1 and that a new driver is in the works for Win 10. I would prefer not to have to wait for an upgrade to Win 10 to fix my problem. I am having enough with 8.1 to relish diving into 10.

My question regarding using the test driver is: 1. would it do anything productive? 2. would it even work with my Sony customized driver?, 3.which one? 15.36.64bit_test.zop?

Regard,

Tex

• 1. Re: Is the Test Driver for HDMI Display Detection Issues recomended for customized drivers?
          hansb_intel

Hi texas_rangy,

These are test drivers and they were released to address HDMI display detection Issues, if they will work or how they will work depending on OEM customizations, only the OEM could be able to answer that for you. But you can test them yourself; just create a restore point so that you can go back to the old if you don’t get good results.

You would need to install the following driver:

For 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4200/4400/4600/5000/5100/5200/5300/5500/5600/6000/6200/6300

1. 15.36.64bit_test.zip- Installs the 64bit Test Intel® Iris™ and HD graphics Driver 64-bit version for Haswell and Broadwell based products.
          2. 15.36.32bit_test.zip- Installs the 32bit Test Intel® Iris™ and HD graphics Driver 64-bit version for Haswell and Broadwell based products.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24955