Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Issue with Intel AC 7260 driver with Bluetooth

LJone6
Beginner

I just wanted to report an issue with the 7260 driver. It isn't that big of a deal, but I thought others should know about it.

After I stop playing audio through the Bluetooth device for approx. 30 minutes and the laptop goes to sleep, the audio will not connect after waking. The audio will not connect the operation 'Listen to Music' but it did allow me to run audio through 'Forward VoIP Calls to Handsfree.' Listening to music through VoIP though sounds pretty bad. It is a quick fix to right click on the Bluetooth service in the notifications toolbar and click 'Turn Off Adapter.'

The icon will switch to a blue and red icon. It may be in the up arrow notification area, but you can also check within customize.

NOTES: In the older version, you had to go into device manager to turn the adapter back on. It was in network adapters under Intel Wireless Bluetooth.

SYSTEM:

Lenovo T440

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Intel network drivers 17.16.1.2

Intel Bluetooth PAN 6.1.7600.16385

Intel Wireless Bluetooth 17.1.1501.512

BT devices:

JBL Synchros Reflect BT

Plantronics m165

Plantronics m155

I am wondering now if this is a Windows thing and it occurs on other Bluetooth adapters.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Lonnie_Jones,

Have you checked you power settings? Power settings can also impact on Bluetooth performance. Bluetooth should not be disabled after sleep unless Windows* or third-party app is blocking it. Check the following steps below:

When it is necessary to disable Bluetooth, there may be three possible methods available: a software switch, a hardware switch, or the Device Manager. It is strongly discouraged to mix the usage of these three methods (e.g., turn Bluetooth off with the software switch and turn it on with the Device Manager).

The software switch is the preferred method for turning the Bluetooth radio off and on; it is strongly recommended not to do so by disabling/enabling the Bluetooth device driver(s) in the Device Manager. However, the software switch may not be available on all systems. The procedures for using the software switch differ between operating systems and are outlined below.

Some systems may have a hardware switch in place of, or in addition to, a software switch. When both switches are present, avoid using them at the same time (i.e., if the Bluetooth radio is turned off with the software switch, it will remain off despite cycling the hardware switch off and on). Consult the system's User Manual for information on the hardware switch.

In Windows 7, to switch the Bluetooth radio on and off:

1. Right-click the Bluetooth tray icon.
  2. Select Turn Adapter On or Turn Adapter Off.

Alternatively, the Bluetooth radio may be turned off through the Bluetooth Settings window:

1. Right-click the Bluetooth tray icon.
  2. Select Open Settings.
  3. In the Options tab, check Turn off the Bluetooth adapter.

In Windows 8, to switch the Bluetooth radio on and off:

1. Open PC Settings
    • Slide out the Charm menu by moving the cursor to the bottom-right corner, select Settings, and click Change PC settings.
  2. Select the Wireless node.
  3. Click the Bluetooth slider to cycle Bluetooth on and off.

In Windows 8.1 and later, to switch the Bluetooth radio on and off:

1. Open PC Settings
    • Slide out the Charm menu by moving the cursor to the bottom-right corner, select Settings, and click Change PC settings.
  2. Select the PC and Devices node.
  3. Select the Bluetooth node.

Click the Bluetooth slider to cycle Bluetooth on and off.

Please, if any of these steps provide you a solution, you must consider firewall setting and/or third-party application that could be blocking the connection.