1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 5:46 PM by ricardog_intel

AHCI drivers for DQ57TM motherboard.

phrank

I want to install the AHCI drivers for my DQ57TM board.  An Intel support person told me to use STOR_allOS_10.1.0.1008_PV.exe for this.

An error message said "your computer doesn't meet the requirements," or something close to that.

One more piece of info: my boot drive is a Samsung ssd.  The only reason that I'm messing with drivers is, Samsung says I need AHCI (instead of IDE) to get best performance from the ssd. 

Any comments or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: AHCI drivers for DQ57TM motherboard.
          ricardog_intel

The driver you are trying to use installs the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) driver version 10.1.0.1008 for Intel® Desktop Boards. Let me explain a little bit more about this software; Intel® Rapid Storage Technology offers greater levels of performance, responsiveness, and expandability when you are using one or multiple serial ATA (SATA) or PCIe drives, however you are using a single Solid State Drive.

Switching from IDE to AHCI on the BIOS settings you will be able to get best performance from the Solid State Drive. You do not need to install the RTS software to enable AHCI.

Now, you will need to install a fresh version of the OS again once you change the BIOS configuration to AHCI.