Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

my hdmi is no longer working

mprin1
Beginner

i use a hdmi to my 42 ich tv but it stoped working vga still working.. tryed a few diffent hdmi cables and still nothin.it was working fine until yesterday my power went out and 1 hour later came back on. computer does not even notic the hdmi plug into the computer nor does the tv.. yea its on a powerstrip..

heres what i got

windows 7 64bit

intel i7 4790k should be the 4600 graphics

msi z97 gaming 5

m.2 ssd 256

32gb ddr3 1600

850 power supply.

what i have tried..

reinstalling drivers. resetting memory. memory check
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

It seems to be a problem caused when the power went out. Do you get video with different video cables?

If you are getting video with DVI, Display port cables, I recommend testing with the driver linked below:

Allan.

0 Kudos
mprin1
Beginner

i tryed that driver and it did not work i know its not the cable i plugged it to my DVR tho bright house and works fine.. even using the hdmi cable the DVR was using same problem and i am useing the vga on the motherboard.. heres my dxdiag

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If you have tried the "test driver" and still experiencing HDMI issues, the problem might be hardware. The HDMI port on your computer.

I would recommend checking with your computer manufacturer for other troubleshooting options. Also, if possible try to reinstall the operating system and then the latest video drivers to see if this would be registry problem or hardware.

Allan.

0 Kudos