I am not sure if you have tested the latest graphics driver but just in case, please try it:
If you problems during the driver installation try these steps:
Please note that we have received reports from other customers about this problem and we are working towards a solution.
At this point we are working towards a solution for this issue. We will release a driver that contains a fix for this but we are working on it so there is no ETA.
The other option you have is to contact the Computer Manufacture and report this issue to them and get their driver.
posting a temporary workaround (until Intel/Dell fixes the video driver ) that allows you to avoid rebooting the PC when the issue occurs:
you have to manually restart the video driver, which can be done with this command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\x64\devcon.exe" restart "PCI\CC_0300"
Google on the "devcon restart video driver" and you will get all the information to install the required Windows tool and on how to find the HW ID for the video card in your laptop.
just to let you know that the latest drivers releases, v 10.18.15.4279, still have this issue
@kevin_intel any news ?
So I have this same screen flickering problem that it seems anyone with an Intel HD 5500 graphics card has when running windows 10. I have too have a Lenovo THinkpad, X1 Carbon 20BS model. With the above graphics card.
When I turn the laptop on, the screen flashes in and out, but the laptop is technically still functional. This normally carries on indefinitely, but occasionally stops long enough to actually troubleshoot a bit.
Here is what I have done/tried, to no avail:
- Updated all bios, chipset, and other firmware/drivers from the Lenovo support site, and using the onboard (Lenovo Service Bridge). These are all current now including the newest video driver from their website Intel HD Graphics Driver ver. 10.18.15.4256
- I then went to try other video card drivers and the laptop won’t let me install them to even see if they would work, including 8.1 64bit, and win 7 64 bit.
- I uninstalled the current driver, once this is done it will stop flashing for a while (minutes) until it relizes it can install a newer one, and does it. Then it goes back to flashing again.
- When into device manager and clicked update driver on the video card/display, and it redownloaded the same version driver but a none Lenovo one, it was intel/windows specific. This still didn’t fix it.
- Booting to safe mode, (Hold shift, click restart, select startup options), the screen is fine, and the HD 5500 driver doesn’t load up. So I can now troubleshoot in this mode for now. However nothing I am doing is working.
- Called Lenovo and they are sending someone out to replace the motherboard tomorrow, when I know that isn’t the issue, it is a driver conflict/issue.
- Lastly, per a few online polls I cleared off any USB related Video drivers that might have a conflict, displaylink software, and that didn’t help.
Any thoughts on this? This is very frustrating and I don’t think it is necessarily a Lenovo thing, it has to be that HD 5500 driver that isn’t compatible. What are my next steps?
Im still encountering the same problem with my Acer E14 core i5 laptop with dual video card Nvidia geforce 840m and Intel HD graphics 5500 with windows 10 operating system. I already updated it to the latest version 10.18.15.4248 but still my screen flickers pls help me with this.. thanks a lot.. i try to disable the Intel HD graphics, Nvidia 840 works fine, and i did disable the Nvidia.. my screen flickers with the Intel HD graphics 5500.. Hope you can help me solve this problem.
I did download the driver and install it in safe mode.. But my screen still flickers. Hope you can find solution for this problem.. Hoping there will be an updates that will solve this issue..
Has there been any update on this? We have several machines all affected by this at the minute - have been through everything & haven't been able to resolve the issue yet.