Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Graphics: Per machine configuration rather than per user configuration

FMitt
Beginner

Hey guys,

we use some HP t5740 thin clients with a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset and Graphics card running Windows Embedded Standard 2009. To deliver a consistent user experience and for security reasons I want to deploy an image with enabled write filter. This implicates that everytime the thin client is rebooted and somebody logs on, the user profile is recreated as it won't be peristed to flash memory.

My problem is that the Intel driver relies on a per user configuration so everytime a new user logs on the display configuration is reset from whatever it was (e. g. 2nd display configured to extend desktop) to a clone display setup.

The configuration is stored in HKCU\Software\INTEL afaik.

Is it possible to configure the Intel driver to store the display configuation in HKLM rather than under HKCU? I have the ability to configure persisting HKLM keys.

My driver version is 6.14.10.5355 dated on 22.04.2011.

Regards, Franz

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FMitt
Beginner

Okey, I will answer it myself. After a few hours of testing I found out that you have to delete the igfxpers.exe from the autostart (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Persistence).

After that persisting HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\System\CurrentControlSet\SERVICES\iAlm with regfilter did the trick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please bear in mind this type of graphics customization is not supported by our technical support department. I would recommend waiting for another community member that could have experienced same issue and post any help for your inquiry.

Allan.

0 Kudos
FMitt
Beginner

Okey, I will answer it myself. After a few hours of testing I found out that you have to delete the igfxpers.exe from the autostart (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Persistence).

After that persisting HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\System\CurrentControlSet\SERVICES\iAlm with regfilter did the trick.

0 Kudos