Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology version13.6.0.1002 lacks Accelerate enable/disable option

DACKL1
Beginner

The intel_smart_response_technology_user_guide_3.pdt shows the Intel Rapid Storage Technology screen with an "Accelerate" button/page that has a Manage section/capability and an Accelerate enable/disable option. But the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program IAStorUI version 13.6.0.1002 has replaced the "Accelerate" button/page with the "Performance" button/page that has the Manage section/capability, but lacks the Accelerate enable/disable option. How do I enable/disable the SSD acceleration capability?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

There are certain requirements to have the Acceleration tab enabled in Intel® Rapid Storage Technology so I want to confirm with you the following:

1. The Chipset mode in the BIOS must be set as RAID.
  2. The minimum capacity of the SSD must be 18.5.
  3. The SSD must be connected to the Intel® SATA controllers. If possible on SATA port # 1.
  4. Make sure the SSD does not contain partitions

It is also extremely important to say that the feature will not be enabled/visible if the SSD is the only Drive connected to the system as it is not possible to accelerate SSD drives.

MGold8
Beginner

Any official statement on if it works with windows 10 at this time?

I've read conflicting threads. Some try to walk thru getting it to work, while others say it RST accelerate is not supported yet in win10

0 Kudos