4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 8:34 AM by ElenA7

Companies shipping products based on the Intel NUC

ElenA7

Hello everybody! Do you know any companies that are currently shipping products with an Intel NUC inside?

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: Companies shipping products based on the Intel NUC
          bubbuh

Sure. There are quite a few, depending on what you mean by products with Intel NUC's inside. For instance, NUC's are very big in the digital signage industry as well as factory floor applications where a tough little dustproof device is needed, both in "normal" PC applications as well as analog-to-digital control sytems. In these instances third parties are buying NUC motherboards and creating their own different chasses and software. You can use "dustproof Intel NUC" and  "digital signage NUC" to find such companies on the web.

If you are asking about NUC's pre-built to, say, replace existing PC's in offices, there are number of companies who sell those, too.  Some are already shipping units with the new Broadwell processors.  Some are available on Amozon.. I haven't checked; but, I bet there are even companies shipping them pre-attached to the back of the VESA compatible monitor or smart TV of your choice. There have been millions of the little motherboards shipped in the past 18 months or so. They've found there way into everything. The biggest home use of NUCs is as a Home Theater server alternative, an HTPC. While many people build their own HTPCs, more buy them pre-built for the purpose.

I hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Companies shipping products based on the Intel NUC
            ElenA7

Bubbuh thanks a lot for your answer!

Finally, I am not interested in mini PCs with the Intel NUC internals. However, what I am looking for is  appliances - devices doing a specific task without much user intervention. I've found some on Intel's site (listed as case studies).

If you've came across some company/ies of this kind, it would be just great to let me know about it.

Thanks again for your help!

El

• 3. Re: Companies shipping products based on the Intel NUC
              bubbuh

When I come across interesting (probably, headless) applications of the NUC tech, I'll post it here. 

• 4. Re: Companies shipping products based on the Intel NUC
                ElenA7

That would be great. Thanks.