Yes it does, this motherboard supports up to 8GB, make sure that you upgrade to the latest BIOS and it should be fine.
The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
· 1.8 V and 1.9 V DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs
· Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
· 8 GB maximum total system memory
· Minimum total system memory: 128 MB
· ECC DIMMs and Non-ECC DIMMs
· Serial Presence Detect
· DDR2 800, DDR2 667, and DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
Is probably best if you select the memory from the list of compatible memory for your motherboard.
Found on the link below.
I have a D975XBX2 with 2 x2GB memory working like 2 years. Now I wan to upgrade to 8GB, so I ordered 2 same memories2 x 2GB, but together (8GB) they do not boot up. I can install new two ones only, replacing old ones, or it works fine with old memories only , or any combinatios of new and old memories up to two stick of 2GB. Total 4GB
I tried to change BIOS and no sucess. Pleae any help is appreciated.