1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 12:55 PM by allan_intel

Updating iastor.sys ?

LGphoto

Hello,

I have BSOD problems and got hepl from a general forum.

The conclusion is:

3 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:
      vsmraid.sys (VIA RAID DRIVER FOR AMD-X86-64, VIA Technologies Inc.,Ltd)
      athrx.sys (Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver, Atheros Communications, Inc.)
      iastor.sys (Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - x64, Intel Corporation)

I have been looking for the last one (iastor.sys (Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - x64, Intel Corporation)) on Intel website and tought I would hve to install SetupRST.exe or f6flpy-x64.zip from this link: Intel® Download Center

Extracting files form the .zip file, I found no "setup.exe" or "instal.exe", but there is a iaStorA.sys file. To be sure not to make mistake, I have tryed the setup from SetupRST.exe, but there is an error saying it is not suited form the plateform I am using (sorry, transleting from French).

What sould I do?

My mothercard is Gigabyte H55M-UD2H.

And I cannot use the Intel Drive Update Utility because it would not install in my computer (error 0x80096005).

Thank you!