Could you please provide more info about your issue, how can it be replicated? How were you powering your board? Did this issue presented right after you ran your code, or did it work for a while and then failed? What does dmesg show? Can we see your code?
Some suggestions that always might be of help are: did you make sure to use the latest versions of the Yocto image, MRAA and UPM libraries?
I have seen some issues with I2C where the root of the issue is lack of power on the board, this due to the board being powered by a USB cable, sometimes I2C issues disappear if you use a power supply instead.
Thanks Peter for your help!
I have written the first bug of the project in Github including the information you are requesting, feel free to take a look
On Board Data Handling Subsystem polling info from GPS, IMU and BMP180
- Project worked for a while then I2C Bus failed
- Only reading from BMP180 failed, IMU were always Ok
- I2C Bus Error is gone once we stop our Project and run again
- When Polling time is set to 10 seconds, I2C Bus Error appears in about 40 minutes, when polling time is set to 0.1 second, I2C Bus Error appears in about 2 minutes
- I2C messages "Messed up i2c bus Error :: Cannot continue" are coming from UPM Library
- UPM Projects talks about some limitations in Edison via I2C and a specific sensor which is the predecesor of BMP180 here
- upm: Known Limitations
Let me know if you have any other request or suggestion...