2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2015 12:42 PM by Bob_Denver

MCU MAC install help

Bob_Denver

hi going through the v2.1 platform install off a mac.  Get thru The eclipse install and update just fine but get stuck on moving the scripts over to the board.  the instructions say

1. Navigate to MCU_SDK_HOME/cygwin/home/username, where MCU_SDK_HOME is your MCU SDK installation folder and username is your user name. Copy the .sh files into this location.
      2. Navigate to MCU_SDK_HOME/cygwin/bin/. Double-click mintty.exe to run it. A Cygwin window opens.
      3. To copy the scripts onto your board, enter the command:

Do not know how to perfrom this step.  dont see the directories when i hook the board up and browse like a drive.

THanks very much in advance

BOb.

• 1. Re: MCU MAC install help
          Stan_Gifford

cygwin is a package you can put on a ms-windows box that provides some unix functionality - you don't need this for a mac!

In simple terms (and I have been down this path) you need to get the scripts onto the edison to allow you to execute them WHEN NEEDED!

In my case (and I have not put all the scripts on there), I ssh'ed to the edison, found a nice spot to put the scripts, opened the editor from hell (vi), and pasted what I had copied from my mac - had to make the script executable after I saved it.

The edison does not appear to have ftp - which is the way I would have preferred to do it. The edison drive had be accessed from the actual edison - but it is truly a bit of a pain to do it. I have a sd can't on my edison - it may have been easier to copy all the scripts on there from my mac and then place it back in the edison and then copy them from there (high-tech sneaker net!)

Hope the above gives some ideas!

Stan

• 2. Re: MCU MAC install help
            Bob_Denver

Thanks Stan - got it working.   Wan't that far off- got the scripts over with this:  scp ~/*.sh root@10.0.0.18:~  and made them executable with ssh root@10.0.0.18 "chmod +x ~/*.sh "

All good now - thanks very much.

1 of 1 people found this helpful