Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Microsoft Index Rating Score For Intel HD 4000 [Closed Unsolved]

JBrow26
Beginner

I have an AMD discreet graphics card that is not being detected by my device manager & not being accessed when required, though it is connected. The standard inbuilt graphics processor of my laptop is the Intel HD 4000. I just re-ran the Microsoft Index Rating procedure & the ratings for graphics based on windows Aero are still 7.6, & for gaming & graphics are also still 7.6.

Is it possible for ratings to be this high if only the Intel HD 4000 is connected?

Essentially I am trying to find out whether my AMD HD 7970 M is still functioning, but not being detected, or whether it is broken.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I checked in a system nearby and it shows 5.4 and 6.5 respectively.

Remove the power cord of your laptop to see if it detects it.

Otherwise, try a full uninstall of both graphics adapters, download both drivers from the system manufacturer's website, and then install Intel drivers first.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034574.htm Graphics Drivers — Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel Display/HDMI Audio Driver

JBrow26
Beginner

Thank you joe_intel for checking,

I've decided to send the AMD graphics card for testing as we're now sure it is a physical issue since it's not being detected at BIOS.