2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 10:20 AM by MS247

Why is my computer having problems turning off after updates?

MS247

Hello,

I've updated my computers radeon drivers to the latest version and right after,my computer wont shut down!It just turns black but the lights dont go off...Ive also not had any help from the intel update utility driver as it does not show any update.any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• 1. Re: Why is my computer having problems turning off after updates?
          allan_intel

If the problem happened right after installing Radeon graphics drivers, it might be an issue with the graphics driver provided by your computer manufacturer or the video card manufacturer.
          I would recommend uninstalling the driver and obtain an earlier driver version.

The Intel driver utility will not work because it was not programmed to find ATI video card drivers.

Allan.

• 2. Re: Why is my computer having problems turning off after updates?
            MS247

Right,well i did what you said and i still had problems as my laptop LED lights wouldnt turn off even after a proper shutdown.

Then i started to check out my power settings and it turns out i just had to click 'change settings that are unavailable' and turn off fast startup!

Now my computer turns off just fine!

Could you recommend the best suited intel driver i could download for my computer?

Thanks for the help!